Remember those clichéd slogans from the 70s and 80s, like “Hang in there, baby, Friday’s coming,” “Keep on Truckin’” or “I’m with Stupid”? Pardon the pun, but, like our evolving societal and economic roles, professional women’s thirst for humor and inspiration have come a long way, baby!
Personally, I think the right quote at the right time can move you to action; make you stop and think or snap you out of the doldrums. I hope you enjoy some of our favorite inspirational quotes from other bright, bold and beautiful women, like you.
For more moving images and inspiring captions, follow our Pinterest Quote Page. And please share your favorite quotes with us in the comment section below!
- “Know what you bring. Know what you don’t bring. And build a team that covers everything you need.” — Angie Hicks, Founder Angie’s List
- “Don’t be afraid to take time to learn. It’s good to work for other people. I worked for others for 20 years. They paid me to learn.”—Vera Wang
- “If you do things well, do them better. Be daring, be first, be different, be just.”—Anita Roddick, Body Shop
- “A woman with a voice is by definition a strong woman. But the search to find that voice can be remarkably difficult.” — Melinda Gates
- “So often people are working hard at the wrong thing. Working on the right thing is probably more important than working hard.” — Caterina Fake, Co-founder, Flickr
- “The thing women have yet to learn is nobody gives you power. You just take it.” — Roseanne Barr
- “There is a special place in hell for women who don’t help other women.” — Madeleine Albright
- “You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” — Mae West
- “When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.” — Helen Keller
- “I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” — Maya Angelou
- “Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.” — Mother Teresa
- “We need to accept that we won’t always make the right decisions, that we’ll screw up royally sometimes – understanding that failure is not the opposite of success, it’s part of success.” — Arianna Huffington
- “It doesn’t matter who you are, or where you came from. The ability to triumph begins with you. Always.” — Oprah Winfrey
- “Women have to harness their power – it’s absolutely true. It’s just learning not to take the first no. And if you can’t go straight ahead, you go around the corner.” — Cher
- “A woman is like a tea bag: you cannot tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water.” — Eleanor Roosevelt and Nancy Reagan have both been attributed to this quote, but the author is unknown.
- “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” — Eleanor Roosevelt